[wix-users] Unable to get heat/dark on the right way!!!

Magi, Sampattakumar S Sampattakumar.Magi at in.unisys.com
Mon Nov 30 04:40:37 PST 2015

Hi Guys,

                We have product already packaged using install shield. Now we are converting it to wix. I am using dark and heat to make the task easy. I am facing the following problems,

1.       The structure of the source files is totally different that how they would be after product installation. So in this case am unable to use heat.

2.       Files are very randomly distributed between the features and the directories , so I am unable to use dark. If I use dark, it is naming the component Id with component name.GUID and Directory.GUID and so maore.

So, if u have any ideas, to get the randomly arranged source files on track as per the target directory(the structure after the installation), need your help.

Regards,
Sampat