[wix-users] Burn Bundle Status Query

Colin Sim Colin.Sim at ipfx.com
Sun Nov 29 11:01:17 PST 2015

With MSIs, Windows provide various installer functions to query an MSI and its status on a system, e.g. functions that start with Msi* such as MsiEnumRelatedProducts, which allows us to determine whether a product is installed. There are also APIs to query an MSI to extract, for example, its upgrade code.

I would like to confirm that there are no equivalent  APIs for the WiX bundle (EXEs)? That is, there is no meaningful way to determine the upgrade code for a WiX bundle and the only way to check if a bundle is installed is to search through the HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall?

This e-mail contains IPFX information which may be privileged or confidential and is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise immediately to the e-mail address above and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. We monitor our e-mail system and may record your e-mails. Thank you.