[wix-users] [WIX]: Remove the setup files after installtion completes using WIX

Dileep S dileep.sanampudi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:21:07 PST 2015

Hi All,

I have created a MSI package using WIX 3.7
This MSI package contains the software to install drivers.
The packaged file are copied into %temp% folder after extracting the MSI
package.
After extracting the MSI package, my application will be launched to
install the drivers.
I have used the following custom action to launch my application:
<CustomAction Id="InstallDRV" Directory="INSTALLDIR" Execute="deferred"
ExeCommand="[$(var.RootDirID)]$(var.EXEFileName)" Impersonate="no"
Return="asyncWait" />

<InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="InstallDRV" After="InstallFiles">NOT REMOVE ~=
"ALL"</Custom>
</InstallExecuteSequence>

After launching my exe file (EXEFileName), it will install my software.
Once installation is completed, i need to remove extracted files and
folders from temp folder.

How can remove the extracted files and folders from temp folder after
installation completed.

Please help me to do this.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,