[wix-users] In WiX, is it possible to update the status text while the features are being installed

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Fri Nov 20 10:17:05 PST 2015

No it isn't, because there isn't actually a point at which Features are installed. If you look at the standard actions that occur during an install they are things like InstallFiles, MoveFiles, MsiPublishAssemblies, WriteRegistryValues and so on. So when the InstallFiles action runs is when all files for all features will be installed.

There are also ActionText messages for all these actions, you just need to name the action and supply the text template. They map to the ActionText MSI table.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367516(v=vs.85).aspx

Phil