[wix-users] Get Debug Information out of Burn-driven MSI installation?

Reuss, Matthias matthias.mr.reuss at sivantos.com
Wed Nov 18 07:58:01 PST 2015

So it seems our systems somehow differ.

My standard system setting (I have Windows 7, MSI 5.0) is that I have no group policy concerning logging activated.
I then activated the "Logging" group policy to voicewarmupx - no effect.
Then activated DisableLoggingFromPackage - no effect either.

To me it looks like Burn sets a logging value when starting the package installation (e.g. using MsiEnableLog), and this overrides whatever is in the MsiLogging property or group policies. BTW, this behaviour would be in accordance with MSI documentation.

Best regards

Matthias