[wix-users] MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI property?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Tue Nov 17 08:08:21 PST 2015

It is probably related to MsiPackage/@DisplayInternalUI, documented in the chm, else search the wix source code.

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Reuss, Matthias
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:37 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: [wix-users] MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI property?

Hello,

When installing a bundle, Burn also sets the MSI property MSICLIENTUSESEXTERNALUI.

Is there some documentation concerning its effect, especially in the case of a Burn-driven MSI installation that was not authored with WiX?

When reading through the MSI documentation for setting external UI, I cannot find such a property, so I assume it is only used by some WiX extensions, isn't it?

Best regards

Matthias