[wix-users] how to call a c# custom action from a dll which is installed along with the product

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Nov 16 09:20:41 PST 2015

I think what you are missing is that your install is required to be installed before you run this "CA". When I said exe, I was leaning towards an exe that you run, from the installed folder.  (Loading an assembly from something other than the original ApplicationBase is not trivial).

Note, having this as an exe means whatever you are changing with it, you should configure your package to attempt to clean up in the case of an uninstall.