[wix-users] Has anyone have made an installer that downloads and installs dependencies first?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Mon Nov 16 05:58:04 PST 2015

As you work on the next step, you might also download the wix toolset source zip archive for the version of the Wixtoolset that you are using.  I find it useful to use Notepad++ or similar to search the source code for examples of how a particular issue that I am trying to solve is addressed.  The source for the setup used to install the Wix Toolset is at src\Setup.  There is a Bundle project and several MSI package projects with a managed WixBA project.  You will probably use the WixStandardBootstrapper initially, but I found it worthwhile to study these projects as I was learning the Wix ways.  There is also a CommonLib project showing how to put common code in a wixlib.