[wix-users] Has anyone have made an installer that downloads and installs dependencies first?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Mon Nov 16 05:42:38 PST 2015

When you have a third-party installer on which your app depends, then create a Burn bundle (in VS the Wix setup.exe template) project to chain the dependency with your MSI package(s).
https://www.firegiant.com/wix/tutorial/net-and-net/bootstrapping/

Do not try to launch a nested setup from within an MSI, as that is strongly discouraged.