[wix-users] Advice needed

Yavor Ivanov yavor87 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 07:44:43 PST 2015

Hi all!

I am new to WiX and windows installer stuff in general :) I am developing
an application and need advice how to plan for updates. Here is my case. I
have an application that is around 10mb. Apart from the main application I
have around 60 mb of content. I have created a setup that installs it all.
So far so good. But now comes the tricky part. The application is far more
volatile than the content. Bugs get fixed, new features are introduced. I
want to make it easy on the end users and not make them download the entire
70mb installer every time I fix something. The content is far less likely
to change than the application. Can you advice me what's the best way to
have a single installer for the application and content, while allowing the
user to update the application and content separately? For the content I
can use minor or small updates, while for the application I plan using only
major updates.

Regards,
Yavor