[wix-users] IGNOREDEPENDENCIES property?

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Fri Nov 13 11:18:45 PST 2015

>> What is the purpose and meaning of the IGNOREDEPENDENCIES msi property, which is e.g. set if I uninstall an MSI package from a bundle? I cannot find that property in Windows Installer documentation.
It is documented in the Wix Toolset source code as Burn functionality, related to the WixDependencyExtension.  It appears to be a way of specifying in an MSI a delimited list of specific XxxPackages, which is also in the bundle's chain, which should not be treated as a dependency of the particular MSI which has the property defined (with the list of package IDs or with  "ALL").  I don't have any experience using this feature, but that is my understanding from briefly looking at the code.