[wix-users] IGNOREDEPENDENCIES property?

Carter Young ecyoung at grandecom.net
Thu Nov 12 18:38:31 PST 2015

IIRC:

Consider the following:

 1. You install Software Suite A.
 2. Software Suite A Contains Executable B, and DLL C.
 3. At Install Time B and C are dependencies of A.
 4. You also built Software Suite D, which also uses B and C.

Ignore Dependencies allows me to uninstall A while leaving B and C on
the system so that D Continues to Function. This is most commonly used
with .NET Framework Versions.  If Suite A requires version 4.5.2 and it
isn't installed your installer should install it as a dependency.  In
the meantime, I downloaded Game Whizzbang that also requires 4.5.2.  If
I unistall Suite A and include the dependency in the Uninstall, I'll
unintentionally break Game Whizzbang

Carter