[wix-users] Combining multiple wixlibs into a single wixlib

Dan Godfrey daniel.godfrey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:19:52 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm currently trying to combine multiple wixlibs (with the binary files
bound in) into a single wixlib (again with the binary files bound in).

I have a project layout similar to this, (although it is somewhat
simplified)

child\build\child.wixlib
child\src\file.bin    <-- included in child.wxs
child\child.wxs
build\parent.wixobj
parent.wxs

Building child.wixlib works fine, as the path to file.bin is relative and
lit is getting executed from within the child folder.
But when I come to use lit to combine parent.wixobj and child.wixlib
together it complains that it can't find file.bin file, even though it has
been bound
into child.wixlib. The error is LIT0103 : The system cannot find the file
'src\file.bin' with type 'WixFile'.

The child module also has a harvested folder included, but I assume that is
working because it looks like it's specifying absolute paths, rather than
relative paths.

Can lit do this? or does it just ignore the bound files? (or is it supposed
to find the bound files and this is just a bug?)

Thanks,
Dan.