[wix-users] How to control the drive where Inetpub is installed

Mark Itzcovitz Mark.Itzcovitz at publishingtechnology.com
Thu Nov 12 04:55:03 PST 2015

I have an installer with a "program files" feature and an IIS feature.  As expected, the program files feature installs by default to the system drive (but can be changed by the user) and the IIS feature installs to the drive with the most free space.  I would like to change the behaviour so it installs the IIS feature to the system drive.  I would probably then like to change it to give the user the option, but I'm sure I can do that once I understand how to do the first part.  These are relevant parts from my .wxs - it uses the WixUI_Advanced dialog set.

<Property Id="ApplicationFolderName" Value="Publishing Technology\CCAWS" />
<Property Id="WixAppFolder" Value="WixPerMachineFolder" />
<WixVariable Id="WixUISupportPerUser" Value="0" />

<Fragment>
  <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
    <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
      <Directory Id="APPLICATIONFOLDER" Name="CCAWS" />
    </Directory>
    <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">
      <Directory Id="CCAWSMenuFolder" Name="CCAWS" />
    </Directory>
    <Directory Id="inetpub" Name="inetpub">
      <Directory Id="wwwroot" Name="wwwroot">
        <Directory Id="WEBSERVICESINSTALLFOLDER" Name="VISTA_CCAWS" ComponentGuidGenerationSeed="FAB50F11-9DF7-44EC-B468-D058440A4A1A">
          <Directory Id="WebServicesBin" Name="bin" />
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
    </Directory>
  </Directory>