[wix-users] Installing performance counters into same performance category bug?

Roberto Cusicanqui rocugbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:59:36 PST 2015

Hello,

I am quite new to Wix and this strange thing happens to me:
I have two features in my wix msi-installer. In each of the features I want
to add performance counters, but I want them to be added in the same
performance counter *category*. Look below for example.

Feat1: In my first feature I add these three performance counters under the
category COMP:
<util:PerformanceCategory Id="Id1" Name="COMP" MultiInstance="yes">
      <util:PerformanceCounter Name="A" Type="numberOfItems32"/>
      <util:PerformanceCounter Name="B" Type="numberOfItems32"/>
      <util:PerformanceCounter Name="C" Type="numberOfItems32"/>
</util:PerformanceCategory>

Feat2: In my second feature I add this performance counter:
<util:PerformanceCategory Id="Id2" Name="COMP" MultiInstance="yes">
      <util:PerformanceCounter Name="D" Type="numberOfItems32"/>
</util:PerformanceCategory>

If I only install Feat1 all three performance counters (A, B, C) are
installed correctly under the category COMP. If I only install Feat2 my
single performance counter is also installed correctly (D).
But if I install both Feat1 and Feat2 I only get performance counter A
installed!? To me it seems that problem is because they are installed twice
under the same performance category name (COMP), shouldn't that be
possible? If I install both features I want all four performance counters
to be installed (A,B,C,D) under the category COMP.

Thanks in advance!

Roberto Cusicanqui