[wix-users] How to display "Publisher" info in "Programs and Features" -> "Installed Updates"

Kyle Lee klee777 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 04:32:50 PST 2015

​Hi, After I created several MSI's and their MSP couterparts, I installed
all of them using the MSI's, and my company name was displayed correctly,
i.e. under "Programs and Features".
However, after I applied the MSP's, I found some of them had no "Publisher"
in "Programs and Features" -> "Installed Updates", and some of them had
"publisher".
I am so surprised after seeing this mixed result because I always use the
following Patch.wxs as a template and add componentRef's:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?include ..\PatchVersion.wxi ?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi">
    <Patch AllowRemoval="yes"
        Manufacturer="MyCompany"
        MoreInfoURL="http://www.mycompany.com/"
        DisplayName="My Studio Patch1"
        Description="My Studio Patch1"
        Classification="Update Rollup"

        <Media Id="5000" Cabinet="RTM.cab">
            <PatchBaseline Id="RTM" ><Validate ProductId='no'
ProductVersionOperator='LesserOrEqual'/></PatchBaseline>
        </Media>
        <PatchFamilyRef Id="MyStudio_1_Rollup"/>
    </Patch>
    <Fragment>
        <PatchFamily Id='MytStudio_1_Rollup' Version='$(env.PATCH_VERSION)'
Supersede='yes'>
            <ComponentRef Id="..." />
        </PatchFamily>
    </Fragment>
</Wix>
I thought Patch/@Manufacturer is the one for the publisher column. Am I
wrong?
I don't understand why I got the mixed result. Anyway, all I want is to
display "MyCompany" in "Publisher" column specifically in "Installed
Updates" screen.
Can anyone help me? I posted this question in stackoverflow but no one has
answered.