[wix-users] Extensibility

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Nov 5 13:47:31 PST 2015

I've been using <?define?> statements for the past 5 years to store per document meta data.  Technically it's valid WiX XML and gets compiled but never used.   Hopefully WiX never starts throwing errors that I defined a variable and never used it. :)  The meta is useful in store per-project settings to control business rules in IsWiX such as what rules should be followed when organizing files into components.