[wix-users] Extensibility

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Nov 5 12:00:29 PST 2015

You said you didn't want it to influence the MSI.   To me this sounds like using a preprocessor XPI  as a meta tag.  Something like

<?define MyTag="foo"?>
<Feature.....>

You could do an XML query on your feature and then look for the XPI above it to get your additional meta for that feature.

To me a custom attribute on the Feature element would manfiest as a column in the feature table of the MSI.  A custom child element would manifest as a table with a join back to the Feature table.     My suggestion above would merely be source code meta and not compiled into the MSI at all.