[wix-users] Major Upgrade of Service

Brian Enderle brianke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 12:30:18 PST 2015

-- You might get this if you broke the component rules (the new component
guid
or keypath of the component) is not the same as the original,  --

My original installer did not assign a GUID to either the Component or File
which IIRC will auto assign a GUID.  Is this true and if so if the auto
assigned GUID the same from build to build or does it change.  Could this
be what is keeping the service from installing?

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein