[wix-users] Idea to control auto-reboots from a passively run setup.exe

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:17:33 PST 2015

When you start your process, you should get a HANDLE to that process. The
you'll want to wait until that process completes with the VB equivalent of
the WaitForSingleObject <
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms687032.aspx>
function. When you're done waiting, you'll want to use the VB equivalent of
the GetExitCodeProcess <
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683189.aspx>
function. Now that you have the exit code you can compare it to
ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED.

Don't forget to release the process HANDLE when you're done.

--
Edwin G. Castro