[wix-users] Questions Regarding Windows 10

Carter Young ecyoung at grandecom.net
Fri Jul 31 13:40:35 PDT 2015

OK, I admit I'm an early adopter.  I don't mind beta testing etc, but I
have some questions that have floated into my head recently after seeing
the Paradigm Shift into Windows as A Service:

 1. As developers, we should be happy that the items we develop can and
    will use the Microsoft App Store as a delivery method.  Does this an
    any way hamper the viability of WiX?
 2. Will there be a version that will work across Apps? I.e I want to
    use WiX to package the same App I built in VisualStudio on a mobile
    device.
 3. With number 2 in mind will we need to worry about version matching
    support for the DotNet Framework, or can we consider that part of
    the "service" model?

There are others, but these are the major ones...

Food for Thought,
Carter