[wix-users] How do I create perUser Installer of the code attached?

Sarvagya Pant sarvagya.pant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 04:31:50 PDT 2015

​​I had written one mail earlier about the same issue, but didn't got any
response. I am posting the question again. I have written a small program
that will be installing the program in Program Files folder. In code, i
have used pdf file, but in reality there will be an executable. The
installer once installed will write logs in the folder created in
LocalAppDataFolder and a custom action created in C++ will create a config
file for that executable in same folder. Here is the link to my sample
program => http://pastebin.com/TCmQNRsi

But when I compile this program, I get following error:
1. Error    1 ICE38: Component SecondFile installs to user profile. It must
use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.
E:\Sarvagya\LearningStuffs\ArkoInstaller\ArkoInstaller\Product.wxs    35 2.
Error    2    ICE64: The directory PROGRAMLOCALFOLDER is in the user
profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table.
E:\Sarvagya\LearningStuffs\ArkoInstaller\ArkoInstaller\Product.wxs    21 3.
Warning    3    ICE91: The file 'Insurance_Claim_Form.pdf' will be
installed to the per user directory 'PROGRAMLOCALFOLDER' that doesn't vary
based on ALLUSERS value. This file won't be copied to each user's profile
even if a permachine installation is desired.
E:\Sarvagya\LearningStuffs\ArkoInstaller\ArkoInstaller\Product.wxs    36

But once I use CommonAppDataFolder insted of LocalAppDataFolder, it
compiles correctly. Please correct me where I'm doing wrong. Thank you

--

*Sarvagya Pant*
*Kathmandu, Nepal*