[wix-users] Does parent of a companion file always need to be from the same feature?

Kashif Md. mdkashif4u at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 22:55:03 PDT 2015

Thanks for replying Rob. I just told MS to close the case.

As for key path the only limitation imposed is that the companion should
never be marked as key path but even that will work fine in most case
except for some very skewed scenarios. I have been using companion logic
for many un-versioned files during patching for years now and haven't seen
any issues except for this case when file size of unversioned file does not
change.

Anyway thanks again.