[wix-users] Windows Installer Repair Failure

Colin Sim Colin.Sim at ipfx.com
Mon Jul 27 19:38:45 PDT 2015

To answer or comment on your bullets:
1. This doesn't really help us here since the package can be removed from the source list at any time. The builds I'm referring to are not releases and are massive, so we tend to remove them often.
2. Leave alone as in: the existing component (which has been manually placed by a developer) has a higher version, Windows Installer knows this and recognised the component should not be removed but does anyway.
3. In our package (not sure if that's the general default) RemoveExistingProducts has a sequence number of 1410 and is immediately after InstallValidate, which is fine as far as I could see.

Cheers,
Colin