[wix-users] MsiPackage descriptions

Keith.Douglas at statcan.gc.ca Keith.Douglas at statcan.gc.ca
Mon Jul 27 11:54:37 PDT 2015

Do these officially support UTF-8 encoded text?

I think they do given my success at using one, but the WiX 3.9 documentation does not say so. In fact, that would be a useful general feature to add to the documentation: which strings are in which format, etc. as some seem to follow the code page of the given MSI (and are thus transformed from the XML) and others are unspecified. (And in this case, since we're talking about a bundle, it isn't the former ...)

Keith Douglas
Programmer Analyst | Programmeur analyste
Questionnaire Development Services - CAI Social | Services de développement de questionnaires - IAO Social
Jean Talon Building | Immeuble Jean-Talon / Floor | Étage 4 A-3
Statistics Canada | 170 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 170, promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Keith.Douglas at statcan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-854-5589
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-951-4674