[wix-users] util:User error handling...

Lewis Henderson henderso at opentext.com
Thu Jul 23 06:25:50 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'm migrating an old InstallShield installer to Wix, and I'm wondering how I can handle a situation that came up before.  This install creates a permanent user (if it doesn't already exist) to run a database server service.  The user is prompted for the password for this user (if new) and util:User is used to create the user.  This is working fine under normal circumstances, but what happens if the user enters a password that doesn't meet the length, complexity or history requirements?  Can the error be trapped somehow and at least issue an informative message detailing why the user creation failed?

Thanks for the information.

                                                                Lewis Henderson