[wix-users] C++ custom action, Visual Studio 2015, Windows XP/Windows Server 2003

Mihajlo Cvetanović mcvetanovic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 03:27:26 PST 2015

The system may be missing appropriate libraries. It's best to build your
custom action library statically linked to CRT: Project properties > C/C++
> Code generation > Runtime library > Multi-threaded (/MT). Also, because
C++ decorates function names you must explicitly undecorate them, so that
MSI engine can call the functions. I declare them as extern "C" and list
them in the .def file that is set in your project: Project properties >
Linker > Module Definition File. Other two undecoration options are
described here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/2133583