[wix-users] Self-healing

Colin Sim Colin.Sim at ipfx.com
Thu Dec 17 00:55:04 PST 2015

Hi all,

I have a WiX project that is a rewrite of an InstallShield project. However, I'm noticing some behavioural differences that I don't understand around self-healing (resiliency). For the InstallShield project, when I double-click an EXE (regardless of whether it has an advertised shortcut or not) a repair is triggered if any of the components (key pathed files) are missing.  However, this does not happen for the WiX installer. The only way I can get the repair to trigger is to invoke the advertised shortcut.

How do I get the WiX installer to behave the same way as the InstallShield project? Is there a setting or configuration parameter that I'm missing?

Kind regards,
Colin

This e-mail contains IPFX information which may be privileged or confidential and is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise immediately to the e-mail address above and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. We monitor our e-mail system and may record your e-mails. Thank you.