[wix-users] Request for additional information on installing WiX Bootstrapper prerequisite before displaying the UI

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Dec 15 10:26:09 PST 2015

Prerequisites for the BA are included in the chain and a different BA (the mbapreq) runs only the packages that are marked as prerequisites. IOW, there is only one chain, the mbapreq chooses to see only parts of it.

Note: IIRC, mbapreq wasn't quite designed to do what you are trying to do. Mbapreq "prerequisites" where designed to be prerequisites for NETFX itself. It might work for you but that's why I suggested you might look at mbapreq for inspiration but implement something more suiting your specific requirements.