[wix-users] Request for additional information on installing WiX Bootstrapper prerequisite before displaying the UI

Ben Key bkey76 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:14:53 PST 2015

I need to be able to install a MSI before the UI is displayed. The UI will
depend on that package.

Specifically, we use GNU Gettext for localizing our product. We currently
use the WXL files for localizing our installer but there is a push to be
able to use GNU Gettext for localizing our installer UI. The idea is that
the installation of the PO files and MO files for both our product and the
installer UI will be in a MSI of their own. But then we need that Locale
MSI to be installed before the UI is displayed.

I am well aware of that fact that prerequisites of the product can just be
part of the chain but this is a prerequisite for the installer UI itself.
That cannot be part of the chain.