[wix-users] Fwd: Install WiX Bootstrapper Prerequisite Before Displaying UI

Wesley Manning wmanning at dynagen.ca
Wed Dec 9 10:39:42 PST 2015

That's a capability in newer Wix versions.  Most tutorials are for older versions.  I think older versions the first item in the chain gets installed before the BA is called (which means only one package can be installed before your managed BA is called).

You don't need a managed BA though, you can create a C++ BA. Then there's not the above complication.  There's not much documentation out there but this is talked a lot in the mailing list.  Even look at github and wixtoolset development section.  Also there is a book you can get that has a section on a managed BA.  Nothing on a C++ BA though so you would have to look at the source code for an example.

Wes