[wix-users] ServiceInstall

Robert Beardsworth rob_beardsworth at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:24:25 PST 2015

Hi All,
   before I go down the road of changing from our configuration wizard (which currently installs and configures services from installed .exes)  to the WIX serviceinstall element I have a quick question about what happens on repair.

Because our services cannot run as local system, and we have multiple services which can be enabled/disabled at any time after the installation I was thinking that I could install all services using:

user -> local systemstartup -> disabled
and then have the configuration wizard only change the user/startup type (this would keep the installation/uninstall in charge of installing/uninstalling the services, starting/stopping as needed).

However what would happen if I ran a repair? Would the user and startup revert to local system/disabled?

Thanks, Rob