[wix-users] opening WiX source code in Visual Studio 2013

Reuss, Matthias matthias.mr.reuss at sivantos.com
Fri Dec 4 08:50:37 PST 2015

Hello,

recently I downloaded the WiX 3.9R2 source code in order to be able to better trace and understand some issues.

So I tried to open burn.sln in my VS2013.

Result: None of the projects could be loaded.

There are a lot of error messages like:

D:\Installation\WiX3.9Src\src\libs\dutil\dutil.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "dutil.vcxproj".
D:\Installation\WiX3.9Src\src\libs\dutil\dutil.vcxproj(164,3): The imported project "D:\tools\WixBuild.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Do I miss something? Is there some documentation about how to work with the WiX sources?

Best regards

Matthias Reuss