[wix-users] Including NetFx40Web in bundle with custom BA

Claire Kari ckari at GENETEC.COM
Wed Dec 2 14:33:08 PST 2015

Hello,

I have a working bundle that launches an exe from the web. I have tested it on a VM that has .Net 4.0 installed.
Now, I would like to include NetFx40Web in it, so that net 4.0 is installed before my exe runs if it is not on the system.

I added C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.8\bin\\WixNetFxExtension.dll as a reference in my bundle project, and added NetFx40Web like this:

<Chain>

           <PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx40Web" />
            <ExePackage SourceFile="BaseWebSuite\MySetup.exe"
                DownloadUrl="http://downloadcenter/products/My Setup.exe"
                Compressed="no"
                InstallCommand="/debuglog"$(env.TEMP)/Installation.log" /log"$(env.TEMP)"">
            </ExePackage>

        </Chain>

When I built, I got an error so I had to comment out
<!--<WixVariable Id="WixMbaPrereqLicenseUrl" Value=""/>
        <WixVariable Id="WixMbaPrereqPackageId" Value=""/>-->

Once I have my bundle built, when I launch it on a VM that does not have .net 4.0 installed, nothing happens. I do not see the framework being installed.

I have read multiple posts, and I cannot find what I did wrong.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you

Claire