[wix-users] SWID Tag input string was not in a correct format error from Light

David Hary davidhary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:38:05 PDT 2015

the value of the version attribute comes from the executable. as follows:

Under Product element I have:

             Version='$(var.ProductVersion)'

I share a .wxi with the bootstrapper where the version is bound to the
executable:

        <?define ProductVersion      =
'!(bind.assemblyVersion.fid.MyAssembly)' ?>

The assembly id is defined in the assembly feature file (.wxs) because
binding to a <TargetFileName> only works for a reference with few (<=2 as I
recall) periods in the file name.

in other words, version 1.0.5721.23193 comes from executable
isr.IO.Diolan.Handler.Driver.Console.exe

I hope this answers your question.

BTW, the Diolan board is super cool: www.diolan.com (DLN-4M).