[wix-users] Debugging BAFunctions.dll

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Mon Aug 31 09:54:22 PDT 2015

It has been a long while since I last did this, but IIRC:
Add the DebugBreak() (documented in MSDN) to the handler that you want to break into and compile the BAFunctions.dll using the a debug build.
You can either configure VS in Options\Tools\Debugging\Symbols to include the path to the BAfunctions.pdb file, or modify your Bundle wxs, where you import the bafunctions.dll, also add a Payload to import the pdb files.
Compile the bundle and launch it (with the VS BAfunctions.dll project open, and when the code hits the DebugBreak() you should have an opportunity to attach the debugger).