[wix-users] SWID tag - removed when Bundle is 'updated'

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Aug 27 11:57:48 PDT 2015

It's currently a limitation in the Burn code (that existed in the previous version as well).  The SWID Tag path needs to be unique to survive upgrades. This isn't normally a problem for actual major upgrades (since usually major upgrades install to new folder) but for daily builds if you don't include the version number in the SWID tag file name, you'll lose the tag.

Bug is fine to be improved upon eventually.

 FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/