[wix-users] Bundle - Input string was not in a correct format

Griesshammer, Christoph (GE Healthcare) christoph.griesshammer at ge.com
Wed Aug 26 13:58:23 PDT 2015

I have a bundle that is responsible for installing 2 msi's and an .exe.

I have narrowed it down to the inclusion of one of the MSI packages that is making the build fail (I'll call this MSI-1). The code for including MSI-1 is below:

<MsiPackage Id="ProductSetup"
            DisplayName="Product"
            SourceFile="..\..\team\branch\ProductSetup.msi"
            SuppressSignatureVerification="yes"
            Permanent="no"
            Compressed="yes"
            Visible="yes"
            DisplayInternalUI="yes" />

And here's the error:

Error      1             Input string was not in a correct format.  light.exe              0             1               BundleProductName

I only get the error when I have MSI-1 in the bundle. The other MSI included does not cause any build issues.

I suspect that it might be an issue with the underlying package, but I am asking for a confirmation on this. The code for including the other MSI package is very similar, just the names differ.

If MSI-1 is the offender, does anyone know the likely culprit within that package that would cause this issue?

I'm not seeing much about this error as I research, so I greatly appreciate help so I can avoid converting MSI-1 to WiX as well.

Thank you,

Christoph