[wix-users] Unable to browse deployed WCF service after migrating from WIX 3.5 to WIX 3.8

Gowda, Megha (Los Angeles) Megha.Gowda at Fiserv.com
Tue Aug 25 13:46:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

Currently we are upgrading all the dev tools from .Net 3.5 to .Net 4.5 , i was able to successfully upgrade the WIX installation project from 3.5 to

3.8 , but when i install the application and its services there is a problem in browsing the WCF service.

I am able to browse the UI, but if i browse the WCF service i get Null reference exception.

Note:- Things work fine if i install application using 3.5 , un install it and then install teh application using WIX 3.8, but using WIX 3.8 alone is not working.

I assume there is a problem in some IIS configuration settings.

Please let me know , how i can proceed with this.

Any quick help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Megha