[wix-users] IIS Extension Certificate Installer & TARGETDIR

Wheeler, Blaine (DSHS/DCS) BWheeler at dshs.wa.gov
Mon Aug 24 09:51:58 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Rob Mensching
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2015 9:50 AM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [wix-users] IIS Extension Certificate Installer & TARGETDIR

Verbose log file will show you what the Windows Installer decided to do with the Component states. Generally, using TARGETDIR as the Directory for a Component is a bad idea (unless you explicitly set TARGETDIR... which isn't my personal preference but it can be made to work).  I tend to pretend TARGETDIR does not exist.

 FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/