[wix-users] Remove Entire XML Node

James Buchan James.Buchan at tribalgroup.com
Fri Aug 21 14:21:29 PDT 2015

It looks like you are missing a "VerifyPath" element (It is mandatory for delete actions)
http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/util/xmlconfig.html

Here's a snippet of something I have been using

        <util:XmlConfig
                      Id="RSWebConfigConfigSectionUninstall"
                      File="[INSTALLLOCATION]web.config"
                      Action="delete"
                      Node="element"
                      VerifyPath="//configuration/configSections"
                      ElementPath="//configuration"
                      On="uninstall"
                      Sequence="1" />

You don't need to delete the individual child nodes, just aim for the parent.

James