[wix-users] WiX/Light: Duplicate ErrorDialog property problem when trying to localize MSI

Arun Jeedigunta arjeed at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 6 01:01:10 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm new to WIX and I'm stuck with this problem, when trying to build a localized version of the msi (as described here: http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/wixui/wixui_localization.html)

I have a product wxs file that had this:

        .
        .
        <Property Id="ErrorDialog" Value="ErrorDlg" />
        .
        .
        <UI>
<!-- Error Dialog -->
<Dialog Id="ErrorDlg" Width="270" Height="105" Title="Installer Information" ErrorDialog="yes" NoMinimize="yes">
<Control Id="ErrorText" Type="Text" X="48" Y="15" Width="205" Height="60" TabSkip="no" Text="Information text" />
.
.
                </Dialog>
                .
                .
        </UI>
        .
        .

Now when I tried to localize it to some language using WixUIExtension (light -ext WixUIExtension -cultures:en-us Product.wixobj -out Product.msi), it complained that Dialog.ErrorDlg was defined twice. So it was obvious that it was defined in the extension somewhere (that I confirmed from the source code), so I just removed that UI Dialog since it was almost exactly the same.

Now when I build, I get this:
error LGHT0130 : The primary key 'ErrorDialog' is duplicated in table 'Property'.  Please remove one of the entries or rename a part of the primary key to avoid the collision.

If I however remove the property, it says the opposite:
error LGHT0204 : ICE20: ErrorDialog Property not specified in Property table. Required property for determining the name of your ErrorDialog

Any help?

Regards,
Arun