[wix-devs] PR: Handle architecture mismatch to avoid crashing host

David Kean David.Kean at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 26 22:24:39 PDT 2022

Hey folks,

I have a proposed fix<https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/pull/547> for Setup using HeatDirectory task kills Visual Studio 2022<https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/6636>. I know this was closed because the environment setup is wrong, but it would be great if the tasks handled this little gracefully to avoid crashing the host. It's sitting ~15 in Visual Studio 17.3

It looks like WiX v3 is done - but is there some sort of servicing releases it can make? Not really sure on the next steps on this one, would come to discuss in your Thursday Online meetings, but no longer in Seattle, so wrong end of the day for me.

Thanks
-Dave