[wix-devs] 6772 - ExePackage ARP entry

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:36:37 PDT 2022

I don't think that's a good idea. The correct way to do it is to get the
engine to detect the ExePackage as Obsolete in my scenario but Present in
yours and then it will work like all the other packages. That would require
the authoring to include a version range that is used to detect the
product. Absent is missing or less than the beginning of the range. Present
is inside of the range. Obsolete is greater than the end of the range.
That's basically what my original proposal was doing, but forced the user
to define the range in the DetectCondition.