[wix-devs] 6772 - ExePackage ARP entry

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:16:54 PDT 2022

>  DetectCondition="MyExe_Version >= v1.2.3"

The strict equals was intentional. If the installed version is different,
it is unlikely that the bundle should be uninstalling it.

> VersionVariable="MyExe_Version"

This is redundant because it is the default value.

> If QuietUninstallString doesn't exist, should it fall back to
UninstallString? Should the author be able to specify the value name?

I was thinking maybe something like Quiet="yes/no". I'm not sure it's a
good idea to fallback to UninstallString, or maybe it's only OK during full
UI. Are there really installers out there that are writing uninstall
strings to custom value names?