[wix-devs] Any comments on Pull Request 153?

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 11:22:28 PDT 2022

I'd like to finalize this pull request (!53). I would appreciate your
opinions on the formatting, inclusion or exclusion of the comments in my
code.
It is a feature of my style to include more comments than I expect to
leave in the final version. These excess comments are marked by "xxxxx",
i.e. five consecutive lower-case instances of the 24th letter of the
English language. I have found that this makes it easy to locate the changes
via global searching. This marking reminds me to remove debugging code
before the final version is released and makes it easy to include or
exclude such comments upon peer review.

I think that Microsoft's C++ team should be asked to review the issue
raised in the comments and documented in the files attached to the pull
request. If, for some reason, these inclusions are inaccessible, I can
provide copies wherever needed.

I'd also be interested in knowing whether the related regression test
ever fails with my changes in place.

Be wary of any C++ code that uses Xunit's Assert.Fails method.

Triage on April 14th?

Ron Martin