[wix-devs] Building WiX

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Sat Feb 12 07:34:24 PST 2022

I want to submit a PR for WiX v3.  It's so simple that I could probably shoot from the hip and submit it but that feels wrong to me.  I want to build the whole thing and completely validate my change.  I will not need to build Votive though.

I haven't attempted to build WiX since well before COVID and while I managed to get it all working then I know longer have that VM and don't remember everything I did.

So, starting with https://wixtoolset.org/development/building-wix/

Does anyone have any tribal knowledge to share with me?   Is 2010-2015 still the required versions of VS?

Thanks,
Chris