[wix-devs] Formatting of Wix3 -> Wix4 conversion for merge modules

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 14:39:34 PST 2022

I am trying to dig into issue 7078, but I am having trouble establishing
a foothold. What is triggering the insertion of the SummaryInformation
element? IS it the presence of the Manfacturer element. Are there other
elements that need similar treatment?

Is there a failing test to verify that the existing conversion was
successful, even though the formatting is objectionable?

The documentation mentions that the default value of the Manufacturer
attribute is taken from the value of the Manufacturer element. So is the
converter supposed to insert the Manufacturer attribute of the
SummaryInformation element only if the Manufacturer element is present
and the Manufacturer attribute is missing? Should the Manufacturer
element always be removed?

I haven't found any code thar parses the Manufacturer element.

A few hints would go a long way toward making this work possible.

Thanks.

Ron Martin