[wix-devs] WiX v4-preview.0 available, v4-preview.1 open for development

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu May 27 06:43:26 PDT 2021

> There was never any mention that only a select few of the .nupkgs that are built would be uploaded to nuget.org.

These bullets defined the full extent of  v4-preview.0 every meeting about status of WiX v4:

WiX v4-preview.0
* wix.exe distributed as a dotnet tool
* Builds MSI, MSM, Bundles
* Extensions: Bal,Netfx,UI,Util
* v3 to v4 source code conversion working
* Later: MSBuild, MSP

> I thought all the .nupkgs would be uploaded and that the preview.0 goal was only about what would be promoted in blogs and documentation.

I can see how that would be one way to look at it. However, my goal was always to minimize the surface area of -preview.0 to those things that we knew we're definitely in and needed to build some reasonable set of MSIs/MSMs/Bundles.

Besides the mismatched assumptions about -preview.0, is there a problem that needs to be addressed?