[wix-devs] WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core tests don't run

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Tue Jun 29 19:32:17 PDT 2021

You are not alone.

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-devs <wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Sean Hall via wix-devs
Sent: Tuesday, 29 June, 2021 20:28
To: WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List <wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: Sean Hall <r.sean.hall at gmail.com>
Subject: [wix-devs] WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core tests don't run

In the new wix4 repo when I run src\api\api.cmd, the line

dotnet test -c %_C% --no-build
burn\test\WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core\WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core.csproj

doesn't work for me. I can't run tests in VS with Test Explorer either. My build doesn't actually fail, even though the tests don't run it's just a warning for some reason:

[xUnit.net 00:00:00.34] Exception discovering tests from
WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'WixToolsetTest.Mba.Core, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I've narrowed it down to the fact that building that project doesn't create a testhost.exe in build\api\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\win-x86. This was built for me in the balutil micro repo and I never had problems running the tests there. The tests are running on the CI server. So my question is: am I the only one who doesn't get testhost.exe built into build\api\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\win-x86? Or are the tests somehow running for other people without testhost.exe?